Sunday, April 20, 2008

Here's Baby Jaryn





I started having contractions while sitting at my mom's house watching my husband tile her back splash in the kitchen. It was about 8:00PM when my mom suggested that someone go and get pizza for dinner when I just decided it was time to make the grand announcement. 'Um...just to let everyone know, I've been having contractions every 5-7 minutes for the past hour'. After a few expletives and stunned looks, I decided to go ahead and rough it out for a little more time. I went with my mom and Brayden to go pick up the pizza because I didn't want to be left alone and the thought of the heated car seats heating up my back would be fabulous. After dinner, I had my mom bring me and Brayden back to our house while Jonathan tried to quickly finish the back splash. It gave me a little time to give Brayden a bath and get him to bed while I finished packing for the hospital. When Jonathan got home about 10:30, I was in horrible pain and had been crying through each contraction. It seemed to be easier when I was doing things but when I was just sitting and waiting was when I would cry. My brother Regan came over and stayed the night with Brayden and we finally left to go to the hospital a little before midnight. I crushed Jonathan's dreams of a fanatic new father when I kept telling him to slow down on the way in. They hooked me up to all kinds of monitors and began to watch me and my progression. At about 2am, the nurse said that I wasn't progressing so I could either stay in the hospital or go home for a while. I was shocked to find out that they didn't consider me in labor even though I was having contractions every 5-6 minutes. She suggested I walk for an hour. Oh let me tell you how fun it is to walk around a very small area, while in labor and at 2AM. My back was killing me and I didn't know how I was really supposed to be doing all this. Around 4AM they went ahead and admitted me and gave me a room. In my room there was a jacuzzi tub that I sat in for about 30 minutes hoping to relax me and get the labor to come on soon. They didn't want to give me a drugs yet because they didn't want to take a chance that it would slow down my labor. Finally at 6AM they gave me a small dose of pain meds to hopefully allow me to get some sleep. WRONG...that still wasn't going to happen. Next thing I know the doctor came in about 8AM and broke my water. After a few sessions of stretching (yes it's as painful as it sounds) I was fully dilated at about 1:30PM. My mom and Brayden had arrived around 1:00PM so I had a little time to hang out with Brayden before the new baby came. My mom took Brayden out of the room while they checked me and before they even came back in the room, they had me pushing. It was so close that the Doc wanted me to push and I didn't want to because I knew my mom and Brayden would come in the door any minute. So we waited and as soon as the door opened Jonathan ran over there quickly and said she's pushing take Brayden away. Within minutes and 2 pushes Baby Jaryn Brice was put on my stomach at 2:03PM and I was able to see my 2nd son for the 1st time. My mom and Brayden had just gotten into the waiting room when Jonathan walked in and said, 'he's here'. He had tears in his eyes and gave Brayden a big hug. Jonathan was very proud to bring Brayden to meet his new baby brother.

Jaryn was born weighing in at 6lbs 14oz and 20inches long. He very surprisingly has blond with a little hint of red and brown in it. Coming from a family of big babies, Jaryn is the smallest baby I've ever been around.



1 comment:

Chris said...

What a wonderful story! Congratulations, your new baby looks beautiful.