Throughout the last few weeks, I've started weening Jaryn from nursing. It's been fun and rewarding to have this bonding time that I've had with Jaryn. I look at him and realize that he's my baby that is no longer a little tiny newborn. He's made the transition to whole milk in a cup with ease. We're happy to say that there are no more bottles in the cabinets, just big boy cups. He's also starting eating eggs, cheese, yogart and other new foods with ease. And like both my kids, they only drink milk or water. Dinner time is becoming a little easier, he eats a lot of the same foods that we do for dinner.
On a daily basis, Jaryn wakes up at 8am, eat breakfast then takes his 1st nap from 10am until noon, then wakes up and eats lunch. He usually goes back down around 3 and I won't let him sleep past 6pm (but usually gets up by 5) then it's dinner time and bed at 8pm. So far he's keeping with 2 solid naps which is great for me. It gives me the time I need to get things done around the house.
Of course, like both my kids, he's drooling like a faucet. I think there are 2 more top teeth coming in which make number 7 & 8. Jaryn is talking more, his vocabulary consists of bye bye (along with a full arm motion up and down), mama, beaux, more and i think he's discovering his own sounds for 'brayden' and 'milk'. He's not walking yet but just as I was with the crawling, I'm ok with a little more time. He has in the last few days stood up by himself and then just bended his knees so he could sit back down. I think he's a little confused by his new talent. But while holding on to things, he cruzes around the house. He makes runs around the couch or around the dish washer or pushing anything that has wheels. He likes to throw balls and then go and get them. Jaryn has also discovered baby dancing, he bobs his head up and down while arching his back and coming back forward. He's starting mocking the things we do like clapping and peek a boo. He's takes his blanket and throw it over his head and waits until you say, 'wheeeeere's Jaryn' then he'll pull it off his head with a huge smile on his face. Hes discovered a new found smile that will never leave my mind. He scrunches up his nose and shows all his teeth like he's so proud of them. My mom says, I used to make the same face when I was a baby.
Happy 1 Year Old!
Looks like a shy baby, but his nose was just itching.
Big Boys
Being Silly
No comments:
Post a Comment