Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Jaryn's 3rd Birthday

4/20/11 ~ 3 years ago today I birthed my 2nd son and precious souled baby.  Jaryn is my independent and strong willed child that still has a large soft heart.  As much as he enjoys arguing with us, he also loves to curl up on the couch, cuddle and watch his favorite show of Spongebob.  We have a special good night kiss pattern that we do.  I kiss each of his cheeks and then he kisses each of my cheeks then we do a big growling hug.  It's these moments that I try to savor and never forget.  

His new thing is telling us very clearly that he is not a baby anymore.  Even when we quite often slip up and say 'baby' out of endearment or even call him by his nickname 'baby Jaryn', he gets a very serious frown on his face, pushes his fist down and says 'I'M NOT A BABY' and then we apologize.  I still feel like he is my baby, so I'm probably struggling the most at this new change but it's helping me to transition my communication with him as a new baby is coming.  He's growth in communication has helped all of us to know exactly what he wants. Although he is not potty trained, we will soon be cracking down so that he could be ready for preschool in the fall. 

Jaryn and Brayden still have a very strong bond and love for each other that I don't see breakable anytime soon.  They both get up at the wee hours and Brayden gets each of them something to eat and turns on Spongebob, all while we still sleep.  Yes, we are spoiled but I look at it as, we're raising self sufficient kids :)  One morning, Brayden got both boys Halloween costumes and I was woken up to Batman (Jaryn) and Optimus Prime (Brayden) and Jaryn said he wanted to give me a hug.  Just more of those great and sweet memories I don't want to forget.       


I filled Jaryn's room with balloons for him to wake up to on his birthday.



Mama and my Baby!

Yay!!  Such a big boy!

Jaryn with a lot of his gifts, in his birthday hat he made at school.

Jaryn's Toy Story birthday cake

Singing Happy Birthday

Finally got a gun that he can shoot with his brother and daddy.

He loves his new big boy Toy Story underwear


No comments: